Season 8 News

Discuss or report on news, social media posts, interviews, articles, or tidbits related to the show and its creators.

Re: Season 8 News

PostPosted by Kasumisty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, I guess that anything they say will be a spoiler now, plus a lot of writers and artists have already moved on and are busy with other projects at this point... (most of them moved to work on Summer Camp from what I've seen)

Muto hinted about the possibility of Frieda and Susan returning. Also Jeremy Shada outright said that Finn and FP won't become a thing in the remaining eps.
Kasumisty

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:08 am

I'm glad that we won't see Susan and Frida again. Their character arcs were concluded.
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
Mordecai626

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Hopefully they'll make a small cameo appearance in the final episode if they visit Ooo that is.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:37 pm

If AT weren't ending I wouldn't mind an episode or two focusig on Susan and Freida's adventures. But since their arcs are pretty much concluded, there are other things to be focused on.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Kasumisty wrote:Well, I guess that anything they say will be a spoiler now, plus a lot of writers and artists have already moved on and are busy with other projects at this point... (most of them moved to work on Summer Camp from what I've seen)

Muto hinted about the possibility of Frieda and Susan returning. Also Jeremy Shada outright said that Finn and FP won't become a thing in the remaining eps.

Did he mean we're not gonna see Finn and FP dating again? Maybe he just means we won't find out until the finale. Cause if he said Finn will not end up with FP I'm really surprised he would say that and that would really annoy me. Thats a big spoiler he should not have revealed. I though there was a strong chance of it happening and I liked the speculation.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm

According to a press release about new shows and renewed shows for 2017/18, Cartoon Network said Islands "reached almost four million people". (Source: http://www.toonzone.net/cartoon-network ... 18-lineup/)

EXTRA
New shows for 2017/18:
Apple & Onion – Being new and naïve to the ways of the “big city of sophisticated food” doesn’t stop the wide-eyed enthusiasm of the lovable buddies Apple and Onion who are destined to find their way and make lots of friends on their incredible adventure of life. The friendship comedy is created by George Gendi (The Amazing World of Gumball).

Craig of the Creek – At the Creek, the rules of the outside world don’t apply in this kid utopia of untamed wilderness where Craig and his two best friends have ventured and tribes of children reign over tree forts and dirt bike ramps. The adventure series is created by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, formerly from Steven Universe.

Summer Camp Island – Having completed a momentous and critically acclaimed run at this year’s most notable festivals including the Sundance Film Festival and SXSW, this wildly imaginative animated series, based on the original Cartoon Network short, will continue unfolding the mysteries that Oscar and his best friend Hedgehog encounter at a magical summer camp. The series hails from creator Julia Pott (Adventure Time)

OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes – Cartoon Network powers up a world of original heroes across the TV and gaming landscape together with the greenlight of this action-packed comedy followed by the console and PC game jointly developed with indie video game studio Capybara games. The knockout series is inspired by creator Ian Jones-Quartey’s childhood and follows the heroic feats of K.O., an endlessly optimistic boy attempting to level up to be the best he can be in a dynamic universe of heroes, friends and challenging foes. The series builds on OK K.O.! Lakewood Plaza Turbo, the network’s first original standalone mobile game and was developed from a pilot that was part of Cartoon Network’s Emmy Award-winning shorts program.

Ben 10 and Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs, which already are on air
burritodetodo

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Apple and Onion sounds like a knockoff of that godawful Disney XD show Pickle and Peanut..
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:35 am

It seems that a new miniseries is coming!

http://deadline.com/2017/03/cartoon-net ... 202054922/
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
Mordecai626

PostPosted by The Lich » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm

(Re-posting from other thread)

BIG NEWS:

According to Zap2it, AT will return April 21st with "Orb"...and the next miniseries named "Elements" (which we learned about just yesterday) airs from April 24th to April 27th, much earlier than anticipated:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/adventu ... aid=zap2it

Yes, surprisingly the show returns in April instead of June like previously expected, at least for now. No plots or times available as of yet.Schedule:

April 21st: "Orb"
April 24th: "Elements Part 1: Skyhooks" / "Elements Part 2: Bespoken For"
April 25th: "Elements Part 3: Winter Light" / "Elements Part 4: Cloudy"
April 26th: "Elements Part 5: Slime Central " / "Elements Part 6: Happy Warrior"
April 27th: "Elements Part 7: Hero Heart" / "Elements Part 8: Skyhooks II"

I'm hyped.
The Lich

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:54 am

The Lich wrote:(Re-posting from other thread)

BIG NEWS:

According to Zap2it, AT will return April 21st with "Orb"...and the next miniseries named "Elements" (which we learned about just yesterday) airs from April 24th to April 27th, much earlier than anticipated:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/adventu ... aid=zap2it

Yes, surprisingly the show returns in April instead of June like previously expected, at least for now. No plots or times available as of yet.Schedule:

April 21st: "Orb"
April 24th: "Elements Part 1: Skyhooks" / "Elements Part 2: Bespoken For"
April 25th: "Elements Part 3: Winter Light" / "Elements Part 4: Cloudy"
April 26th: "Elements Part 5: Slime Central " / "Elements Part 6: Happy Warrior"
April 27th: "Elements Part 7: Hero Heart" / "Elements Part 8: Skyhooks II"

I'm hyped.

All aboard the hype train!
AquaSeashells

PreviousNext

Return to News Discussion