Season 8 News

Discuss or report on news, social media posts, interviews, articles, or tidbits related to the show and its creators.

Re: Season 8 News

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 am

DANG! 9 new episodes in the span of 8 days. *whistles*

I'm very excited for this, and I'm happy that this hiatus won't go longer than about 2.5 months. That's still waaay too long.

The downside here is that we are 9 episodes closer to the end. Given the three other season 8 eps we know of, that means that there is only about 20 eps left. How long is season 9?!
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:47 am

GunterFan wrote:DANG! 9 new episodes in the span of 8 days. *whistles*

I'm very excited for this, and I'm happy that this hiatus won't go longer than about 2.5 months. That's still waaay too long.

The downside here is that we are 9 episodes closer to the end. Given the three other season 8 eps we know of, that means that there is only about 20 eps left. How long is season 9?!

Season 9 might zip by fast. I'm sure they'll be a multipart series finale aired at once/close together. Probably a bomb somewhere and maybe even a miniseries in season 9.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Jake Suit wrote:
GunterFan wrote:DANG! 9 new episodes in the span of 8 days. *whistles*

Season 9 might zip by fast. I'm sure they'll be a multipart series finale aired at once/close together. Probably a bomb somewhere and maybe even a miniseries in season 9.

Yeah, I think it will. I feel like the finale will be at least 4 eps long, and season 9 might have another miniseries. If season 8 is indeed 26 episodes long (which is just a totaly guess here) and maybe "Abstract" or "Whispers" is the season finale, then season 9 is gonna be 20. If 12 of those are finale or miniseries eps, then we only have something like 8 goof-off episodes left.

This brings me back to the question that has been plaguing me for awhile: how long are seasons 8 and 9? I'm guessing either 26 and 20, or 30 and 16 at this point.

EDIT:

Looks like "Elements" is the show's last miniseries: https://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/142787116232
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:47 pm

GunterFan wrote:
Jake Suit wrote:
GunterFan wrote:
Yeah, I think it will. I feel like the finale will be at least 4 eps long, and season 9 might have another miniseries. If season 8 is indeed 26 episodes long (which is just a totaly guess here) and maybe "Abstract" or "Whispers" is the season finale, then season 9 is gonna be 20. If 12 of those are finale or miniseries eps, then we only have something like 8 goof-off episodes left.

This brings me back to the question that has been plaguing me for awhile: how long are seasons 8 and 9? I'm guessing either 26 and 20, or 30 and 16 at this point.

EDIT:

Looks like "Elements" is the show's last miniseries: https://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/142787116232

Aaaaand there goes my last timy ounce of hope for a Golb or FP centric miniseries. At least she'll almost certainly have a decent role in Elements. I hope we get one last episode to wrap up her story in season 9.
And maybe Elements being the last miniseries is for the best so we have more time devoted to wrapping up a bunch more storylines.

By goof-off episodes I assuem you mean episodes like Horse and Ball which aren't very plot progression or lore heavy. I feel like most of the non series finale episodes will be about wrapping things up except for like 2 or 3 goof-off episodes.

Season 9 might look like this:
a premier episode dedicated to the aftermath of season 8's finale
an episode wrapping up Fern/Grass shenagains unless thats what the premier does
an episode wrapping up Dr Gross and Tiffany
an episode building up The Lich's return and Sweet Pea shenagins
Marcy and Hunson
an episode wrapping up Maja and APTWE's storyline
an episode building to the IK/Simon/Betty stuff that probably goes down in the series finale
an episode giving some closure to LSP and her love life possibly the return of that person from Bad Timing
an episode building up Finn's love life shenagins that the finale wraps up
FP wrap up episode
BMO wrap up episode
Pep But backstory episode unless thats covered in Marcy and Hunson
an episode building up some PB stuff that goes down in the finale
2-3 goof off episodes
4-6 part series finale

I think the only way we'd get more Golb focus would be in a miniseries, there's not enough room for him otherwise.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 pm

AquaSeashells

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Jake Suit wrote:Aaaaand there goes my last timy ounce of hope for a Golb or FP centric miniseries. At least she'll almost certainly have a decent role in Elements. I hope we get one last episode to wrap up her story in season 9.
And maybe Elements being the last miniseries is for the best so we have more time devoted to wrapping up a bunch more storylines.

By goof-off episodes I assuem you mean episodes like Horse and Ball which aren't very plot progression or lore heavy. I feel like most of the non series finale episodes will be about wrapping things up except for like 2 or 3 goof-off episodes.

Season 9 might look like this:
a premier episode dedicated to the aftermath of season 8's finale
an episode wrapping up Fern/Grass shenagains unless thats what the premier does
an episode wrapping up Dr Gross and Tiffany
an episode building up The Lich's return and Sweet Pea shenagins
Marcy and Hunson
an episode wrapping up Maja and APTWE's storyline
an episode building to the IK/Simon/Betty stuff that probably goes down in the series finale
an episode giving some closure to LSP and her love life possibly the return of that person from Bad Timing
an episode building up Finn's love life shenagins that the finale wraps up
FP wrap up episode
BMO wrap up episode
Pep But backstory episode unless thats covered in Marcy and Hunson
an episode building up some PB stuff that goes down in the finale
2-3 goof off episodes
4-6 part series finale

I think the only way we'd get more Golb focus would be in a miniseries, there's not enough room for him otherwise.

I too am a bit sad we won't have another miniseries, unless the finale functions as a ''de facto'' miniseries (i.e. something like 4 consecutive episodes), which I kinda think it will.

The good news is that many of those things on your 'wishlist' could be taken care of in the same episodes. Also, yeah, 'goof off' are those episodes that are just funny and not necessarily serious. I think season 9 will have a few, but they will also prove to be consequential. For instance, I could see a BMO wrap-up episode being rather funny and silly. Same with LSP.
GunterFan

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:11 pm

The good news here is that without a miniseries in season 9, we won't get an 8 episode-dump of episodes all in one week. Maybe CN will try to space 'em out a bit more.
GunterFan

PostPosted by thivi15 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 pm

GunterFan wrote:The good news here is that without a miniseries in season 9, we won't get an 8 episode-dump of episodes all in one week. Maybe CN will try to space 'em out a bit more.

I think that will happen regardless :-/
I'm betting that season 9 will be finished by January, much like what was done to Regular Show.
thivi15

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:00 am

I'm hoping for a couple characters/plot lines that I didn't expect to see again pop up out of nowhere. I remember how cool it was when we'd fist get info on an episode that addresses something I wasn't expecting anytime soon or at all, like "Jermaine" or "The Moe You Know".

I feel like a really really great way for this show to have wrapped up would be CN ordering a season 8 and 9 each with like 52 episodes, three miniseries in each season. Plus some shorts and a reconfirmation of an AT theatrical movie. Tell the crew after that, the show's done. I understand how bad of a buisness decision that would've been, but creatively, I think that would've been just about perfect.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Kasumisty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:47 am

The 8-part mini-series follows Jake and Finn as they return to Ooo after months of being away, only to discover that some radical changes have taken place in their absence. Facing an Elemental curse too huge to fix alone, Finn must turn to unlikely allies to put things right and unlock one of Ooo’s greatest secrets. (x)
Kasumisty

PreviousNext

Return to News Discussion