Season 7

Discuss anything on Adventure Time!

Season 7

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 am

On July 25, 2014, Adventure Time was renewed for a seventh season. This season premiered on November 2, 2015 and concluded on November 19, 2016.
AquaSeashells

Re: Season 7

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Season 7 DVD is coming out in July: https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Time-C ... e+season+7

I'm sure you all know by now that it'll only be episodes 1 through 26 (ending with "The Thin Yellow Line"), as the back half of the season has been shifted over to season 8. Weird.

The bonus features for this release look pretty promising. We're getting "Minisodes". I'm assuming that's the season 6 and 7 shorts? Hopefully it's the shorts for both seasons... I'd be sad if the Graybles Allsorts didn't make it onto a DVD (and I wonder why they weren't included on the season 6 set). A couple neato featurettes, animatics, song demos, and an art gallery. Not gonna lie, the season 6 song demos and art galleries were pretty cool, so I'm glad we're getting that again.

Alas, no commentary. :( I still miss 'em!

What are your thoughts?
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 pm

GunterFan wrote:Season 7 DVD is coming out in July: https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Time-C ... e+season+7

I'm sure you all know by now that it'll only be episodes 1 through 26 (ending with "The Thin Yellow Line"), as the back half of the season has been shifted over to season 8. Weird.

The bonus features for this release look pretty promising. We're getting "Minisodes". I'm assuming that's the season 6 and 7 shorts? Hopefully it's the shorts for both seasons... I'd be sad if the Graybles Allsorts didn't make it onto a DVD (and I wonder why they weren't included on the season 6 set). A couple neato featurettes, animatics, song demos, and an art gallery. Not gonna lie, the season 6 song demos and art galleries were pretty cool, so I'm glad we're getting that again.

What are your thoughts?

I guess commentaries are out because those take 11 mins for the crew to record it and they have another stuff to work on (Summer Camp Island). I guess that's why there weren't before. But yeah, I miss them because you know cool stuff from the production. And CN ruined once again the order of the episodes. Come on!
burritodetodo

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat May 27, 2017 5:03 am

GunterFan wrote:Season 7 DVD is coming out in July: https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Time-C ... e+season+7

What are your thoughts?

Maybe Graybles Allsorts wasn't included on the season 6 DVD because it would confuse people why PB was livning in her cabkn in the muffin short if they hadn't watched the season finale yet.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sun May 28, 2017 1:26 am

burritodetodo wrote:

What are your thoughts?

I guess commentaries are out because those take 11 mins for the crew to record it and they have another stuff to work on (Summer Camp Island). I guess that's why there weren't before. But yeah, I miss them because you know cool stuff from the production. And CN ruined once again the order of the episodes. Come on!

When it came time to do season 5 and 6, I get why they didn't do commentaries for every episode, but I was really disappointed they didn't also least do commentaries for the 'most important' episodes like "Simon & Marcy", "Puhoy", etc.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Sun May 28, 2017 4:57 pm

GunterFan wrote:When it came time to do season 5 and 6, I get why they didn't do commentaries for every episode, but I was really disappointed they didn't also least do commentaries for the 'most important' episodes like "Simon & Marcy", "Puhoy", etc.

You're absolutely right. In Season 1 DVD there're commentaries for a couple of episodes with Pen and the VAs. It would be great if, at the time they're making the DVD, CN asked the crew which episodes were the most important of the season and if they wanted to record commentaries ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
burritodetodo

Return to Show Discussion