Elements Miniseries

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 am

Cadis wrote:welp I just saw this on kimcartoon and can say I was pretty disappointed. The whole event was just pretty dumb. So much of it was really forced, then other parts dragged on and then anti-climatic. My biggest disappointment was with LSP being the cure. Made no sense and was such a waste. It should have been Sweet P as looked like was potentially the case when we first saw him.

Sweet P should have been what was used to turn everyone back to normal. After all, him being immune to the elementalization that was affecting everyone else had major potential and could have led to bigger events. Like maybe since his whole body was made from guardian blood which was shown to be the ultimate healing salve. They had to use him as the cure and doing so unintentionally had the side affect of destroying the body and freeing the Lich. That or since Sweet P is still basically THE LICH, what you could consider the anti-thesis to the elementals. Using him as the cure would have just made more logical sense if nothing else.

In the end, this was a mess. There were many other problems like Patience who was an insanely determined villain at first, just casually calling it quits after failing in her latest scheme. All that build up of her big bad plan and nothing.

Agreed on all the points here, especially the Sweet P part.
User avatar
Thomas Hell
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 am

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Virgil » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Cadis wrote:welp I just saw this on kimcartoon and can say I was pretty disappointed. The whole event was just pretty dumb. So much of it was really forced, then other parts dragged on and then anti-climatic. My biggest disappointment was with LSP being the cure. Made no sense and was such a waste. It should have been Sweet P as looked like was potentially the case when we first saw him.

Sweet P should have been what was used to turn everyone back to normal. After all, him being immune to the elementalization that was affecting everyone else had major potential and could have led to bigger events. Like maybe since his whole body was made from guardian blood which was shown to be the ultimate healing salve. They had to use him as the cure and doing so unintentionally had the side affect of destroying the body and freeing the Lich. That or since Sweet P is still basically THE LICH, what you could consider the anti-thesis to the elementals. Using him as the cure would have just made more logical sense if nothing else.

In the end, this was a mess. There were many other problems like Patience who was an insanely determined villain at first, just casually calling it quits after failing in her latest scheme. All that build up of her big bad plan and nothing.




Using Sweet P to restore ooo would not make sense because he, as we know, is the lich and the IK crown was created to destroy it, so it would be a counter-use to use that power to restore you to a being that is not an anti elemental But a life-destroyer.
However, for me, using lsp, as an anti-elemental, it was a stroke of genius because, according to the wiki:

"Lumpy Space Princess is made out of irradiated stardust, according to Pendleton Ward"

So she has a particular element that fits in with me for what happened.
Virgil
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm

(My thoughts on the episode on here, I'm just posting my grades without thoughts on the ranking thread)

SPOILERS!!

Skyhooks: B+
Very fun start to the miniseries. Nicely sets up how alone our heroes are in this adventure.
(Side note: Finn was in The Hall of Egress for years!! Dang!)

Bespoken For: A-
An emotional episode that makes you feel real sympathy for Ice King and Betty. I loved seeing how stressed out and obsessed and crazy Betty is getting over all her failed attempts to cure Simon.

Winter Light: A-
GORGEOUS visuals. Really pretty song. A really fun Finn-Jake-Ice King dynamic. Patience is super creepy and is just awesome in this episode.

Cloudy: A-
This episode is the heart of the show. Amazing, funny, and heartwarming Finn and Jake interactions. Theres a not great but very fun song in it. Felt like classic Adventure Time shenanagins. Really makes Finn and Jake's seperation in the next episode more heartbreaking.
(Side note: Finn randomly having the Enchiridion again I can buy, but it would've been better if Crossover had quickly shown Finn snatching it)

Slime Central: B+
Fun episode. I like Finn and Jake's talk about the ethics of IK and Betty's relationship. Creative way of making it difficult to get Slime Princess's jewel. Sad ending.
(Side not: Looks like Abracadaniel escaped being frozen like it was shown in Friends Forevor)

Happy Warrior: B+
More of an epic sort of fun episode. Nice lines from Finn about how he's proud of his friendship with FP. I was expecting FP to say hurtful things regarding that since CB said FP said hurtful things to him. I feel like going down that route would've made this episode better, but I still liked what we got.
(Side note: I wonder what FP said to CB. And is CB still going to be a lone warrior after this miniseries?)

Hero Heart: A-
LSP gets some great moments trying to and succeding in breaking Finn from the fire curse. FP and Marcy's first interaction was cool even if it they were cursed so the interaction wasn't really "real". Hopefully we get a real one in the future. The Finn-PB montage was nice. PB has a really pretty and creepy song. I wish we could've seen more of IK being upset about the fire curse corrupting Gunter's mind, its a nice parrallel to Betty being upset about the crown corrupting Simon's mind.
(Side note: Lemongrab may have had his final line of the series in this episode. If it is, his last work spoken in the series is, "lemonade". I hope we get one last unacceptable before the end though)

Skyhooks ||: Kind of a dumb episode title, but I can't think of anything better. I like how LSP finally got placed into the AT lore with her being the anti-elemental. Makes her character have more of a purpose. But, I wished that would've been forshadowed more before this miniseries. The stuff with IK and Betty was great, especially IK standing up for himself. And we're getting more Normal Man!! Patience was written off the show, most likely for good, in a really quick scene. I really wish we got more of her after how great she was in Winter Light, but I'm not really sure what else she could've done. It ends with a really sweet moment between Finn and Jake, and Jake's I love you line sounds so so genuine and heartfelt. Plus all the loose ends! What's gonna happen with Betty and whats Normal Man planning to do with her? Whats with one of IK's jewels popping out? Is Sweat Pea's horn regrowing a sign of The Lich's return? And whats gonna happen with Jake in his new form??? So so happy they're going to devote some time to Jake's shapeshifting alien past!!

Adventure Time Elements: A-
Season 8 is still on a role with its comedy and this miniseries is super funny! Fantastic visuals. Some great backround music and some really pretty vocal songs. Lots and lots of cameos! Super fun and heartwarming! Lots of really cool magic based stuff with Betty's powers, the return of The Enchiridion, and the elemental princess jewels. They realy shoud've explained the disapareance of the cloup people in The Cloud Kingdom, but thats a minor complaint. More Patience would've been great, there's probably some wasted potential there. It seems the writer have had a feeling the show will be ending soon since they started writing Preboot and Reboot. Everythings serialized and is developing nicely towards the finale. Every episode in here was at least pretty darn good with Slime Central, my least favorite still getting a B+. I rank this over Islands. Islands had higher highs, but much lower lows. But, I think Stakes was better beacuse it was mostly consistantly A level quality minus maybe 2 A- level episodes, even if I really really wish Finn took that adventure more seriously and actually had some good moments which is my biggest gripe. Also PB's dethroning arc being resolved in its own episode would've been much better. Really fantastic miniseries, I think I like it more than most people on here.
Jake Suit
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by finnratchet » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 am

After to see Jake transformed on the "Peeper", i have the theory about the sword seen in "Orb" and the Peeper to be related. Give one look on these two scenes and compare:
Image
Image
I have almost certain about the probability of when the mess about the "Jake-Peeper" is resolved, this sword will to be created as result. If this to happen maybe we should named it as "Peeper Sword", haha!
finnratchet
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 am

finnratchet wrote:After to see Jake transformed on the "Peeper", i have the theory about the sword seen in "Orb" and the Peeper to be related. Give one look on these two scenes and compare:
Image
Image
I have almost certain about the probability of when the mess about the "Jake-Peeper" is resolved, this sword will to be created as result. If this to happen maybe we should named it as "Peeper Sword", haha!

I really like this theory and I think you're right.
Jake Suit
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 am

finnratchet wrote:After to see Jake transformed on the "Peeper", i have the theory about the sword seen in "Orb" and the Peeper to be related. Give one look on these two scenes and compare:
Image
Image
I have almost certain about the probability of when the mess about the "Jake-Peeper" is resolved, this sword will to be created as result. If this to happen maybe we should named it as "Peeper Sword", haha!

I seriously have no idea how it'll be resolved. I seriously hope the show goes back into space again, because I miss it.
User avatar
Thomas Hell
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 am

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:17 pm

So I just rewatched some of the episodes, and I must say I did enjoy most of it more than my first sitting, but it was probably due to the fact that I was watching from a more casual perspective. I guess I was very thirsty for lore before. I might've also judged the whole miniseries a little too harshly because of the final two episodes(I still can't get over the fact of how much wasted potential "Hero Heart" has, it could've been brilliant if there was more tension in it).

Also, the writers missed an opportunity to have the title of the final episode to be another parallel to the "The Dark Cloud/The Light Cloud". It could've been called "The Purple Cloud". Sounds stupid, but it's still not worse than throwing Patience's character like that.

Btw, in "Winter Light" there was a scene where IK was screaming for a long period of time out of nowhere, can anyone explain that?
User avatar
Thomas Hell
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 am

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Thomas Hell wrote:Btw, in "Winter Light" there was a scene where IK was screaming for a long period of time out of nowhere, can anyone explain that?


I was confused by that too, but afterwards he says, "Oh, I see! The top one is fake." I get that the joke must be in relation to Jake taking off his sweater and giving it to Finn, but I'm not sure after that. (Did IK think Jake took of his skin?)
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
User avatar
GunterFan
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 pm

GunterFan wrote:
Thomas Hell wrote:Btw, in "Winter Light" there was a scene where IK was screaming for a long period of time out of nowhere, can anyone explain that?


I was confused by that too, but afterwards he says, "Oh, I see! The top one is fake." I get that the joke must be in relation to Jake taking off his sweater and giving it to Finn, but I'm not sure after that. (Did IK think Jake took of his skin?)

When Finn puts on Jake's sweater, the sweater has a picture of Finn. IK gets scared because he sees two Finns, the one on the sweater and the real one. Then he says "Oh, I get it! The top one is fake." The joke is he thinks the real Finn is the fake one and the Finn on the sweater is the real one.
Jake Suit
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Jake Suit wrote:When Finn puts on Jake's sweater, the sweater has a picture of Finn. IK gets scared because he sees two Finns, the one on the sweater and the real one. Then he says "Oh, I get it! The top one is fake." The joke is he thinks the real Finn is the fake one and the Finn on the sweater is the real one.


Ah, that makes sense. Although I have to say, it was blocked out in an extremely weird way. I don't really see why IK would react with such horror at trying to figure out why there are two Finns or which Finn was real. I think it would've been better sold if IK was just really confused and couldn't tell what's what.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
User avatar
GunterFan
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron