Elements Miniseries

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Elements Miniseries

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm

GunterFan wrote:
Jake Suit wrote:When Finn puts on Jake's sweater, the sweater has a picture of Finn. IK gets scared because he sees two Finns, the one on the sweater and the real one. Then he says "Oh, I get it! The top one is fake." The joke is he thinks the real Finn is the fake one and the Finn on the sweater is the real one.

Ah, that makes sense. Although I have to say, it was blocked out in an extremely weird way. I don't really see why IK would react with such horror at trying to figure out why there are two Finns or which Finn was real. I think it would've been better sold if IK was just really confused and couldn't tell what's what.

I don't know, I found his outburst really funny once I got it and on rewatch, but I was confused at first. When I first saw him screaming I thought a memory of his pre Ice King life had come back to him or something.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by A Blob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 am

A Blob

PostPosted by TheWardenOfSuperjail » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 am

OH MY GLOB!! IS this really Landofooo forums?? I thought this place was gone for good! So happy it seems to be back in a weird form... wish I'd have gotten an email or something. EITHER WAY! I loved Elements, especially the episode "Cloudy". There is something magical about Finn and Jake's interactions in that one. I don't think I've seen Jake open up like that before.
TheWardenOfSuperjail

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm

TheWardenOfSuperjail wrote:OH MY GLOB!! IS this really Landofooo forums?? I thought this place was gone for good! So happy it seems to be back in a weird form... wish I'd have gotten an email or something. EITHER WAY! I loved Elements, especially the episode "Cloudy". There is something magical about Finn and Jake's interactions in that one. I don't think I've seen Jake open up like that before.

It is, dude! Welcome back!

Yeah same here. I can't wait to see what's in store for Jake.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

I've been out of LoO during Elements to avoid spoilers. So yeah, I watched it as long as it aired on TV (I you follow me on tumblr you know) and I mainly agree with many of the opinions said here. Elements wasn't a bad idea, it had the premise that if Finn and Jake left Ooo for a while something big would happen and it did. The set up of this idea was okay, showing that Patience used Magic Betty to boost the elementals and failed, terraforming the huge island in four regions.

All was very weird, Magic Betty and Simon knew the key to save the day, blah blah blah. Let's go to the negative points:

[*]Something that annoyed me the most was Magic Betty using the Farmworld Enchiridion (where did Finn get that? Would AT fix it in the future like Crossover or what?) to open another portal and bring back her Simon. The same way Magic Man wanted Margles back and, as the Martian, Magic Betty failed and was popped to Mars (!!!). I don't know if she's going to get back her sanity or if the new King of Mars is going to show her the way to cure her loved one.
[*]Happy Warrior promised a, kinda wanted by fandom or some fans, kingdom war. It was just a battle between Fire and Candy only, not Slime and Ice. I felt dissapointed by that, despite it had lots of fun and cute moments like Marshmaline playing with Flame Princess or Bonnie singing that nice, creepy song.
[*]Patience went from the main antagonist to be put aside! She had lots of potential to or be the baddest one or redeem. It was wasted.
[*]The whole event was rushed, forced. I read that it could worked better as the arc of an entire season, which would have worked better because it would also fill some gaps that were shown on Elements.

And on the positive:

[*]Cloudy, guys! The highest point of the miniseries. An episode that was the classical interlude before the end. It was really a S1 episode, you could feel the vibe and reminded me of Rainy Day Daydream.
[*]The set up was good, not as the development, the gaps and so.
[*]The return of some characters, like Choose Goose. They were as background characters, but it still was nice to see them. Special mention to candyfied people. I mean, Marshmaline please! Or BMO.
[*]LSP redemption. She really deserved development, or a stellar moment. LSP was used mainly for comedy or drama (due to her exaggerated personality), but never to save the day (well, on The Monster she saved the village). Despite the Deus Ex Machina, I liked her being the anti elemental. Sweet P could also be, but I believe he has to deal with something more powerful (I'll explain later). I wish LSP gets final character development through the road to the end, like RS did with Rigby.
[*]Voice acting: everybody were great. Magic Betty's new VA was definitely better than Lena Dunham, kudos to that. Hynden singing the creepy song and doing duets again with Olivia Olson (last time was What was missing, but don't remember if on Stakes they did). Speaking of the cute vampire, playing the candy Marceline with games and giggles melted me.

And after Skyhooks II we began the road to the series finale and there's too many things to tie: Sweet P had to retire because *SOMETHING* happened, and I believe is the evil Lich essence. If you are watching S5 of Samurai Jack, you know Jack has to deal with his fears and inner ghosts, and I believe Sweet P is going to go through that same way. Normal Man being the new King of Mars was foreshadowed on S7 episode. How did he repair Mars and get Abe's powerful wand? Rememer GOLB? Remember it kidnapped/murdered Margles? Now that NM is the ruler of Mars he may want revenge and he has Magic Betty (and I believe he'd ask Finn and Jake for help) to finish the monster. And Alien Jake, something that took us for surprise. As you said, the storyboards of Abstract show him back to normal. But his shapeshifting powers would keep him as Classic Jake? Or it'd be a blue shapeshifted dog?

Elements has 3.5/5 Burritos rate overall.
Last edited by burritodetodo on Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
burritodetodo

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 pm

TheWardenOfSuperjail wrote:So happy it seems to be back in a weird form...

"You know everything looks different after a long trip"
Thomas Hell

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 pm

burritodetodo wrote:<snip>

While I think I liked it a bit more than you (if I were to 'translate' my score, I'd give it closer to 4 burritos!), I agree with pretty much all of your points. The Farmworld Enchiridion plot hole really bothered me, and it probably shouldn't. :P
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Mon May 01, 2017 12:27 am

GunterFan wrote:
burritodetodo wrote:<snip>

While I think I liked it a bit more than you (if I were to 'translate' my score, I'd give it closer to 4 burritos!), I agree with pretty much all of your points. The Farmworld Enchiridion plot hole really bothered me, and it probably shouldn't. :P

Haha, I'm flattered that you use my score lol. Stakes does have 4/5 and Islands 4.5/5 (Min & Marty has a 5/5, few episodes did that). What was bothering is the excesive Deus Ex Machina on the plot. Now I remember that LSP at school reminded me of that brief scene where Finn asks PB what "egress" was, they tried to redo that scene LSP alike to set up the "lumps in the antimatter" thing and it didn't work.
burritodetodo

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Tue May 02, 2017 12:42 am

Was this the first time in show they actually said the name Farmworld?
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Jake Suit wrote:Was this the first time in show they actually said the name Farmworld?

I believe so. Previously, it was just a fan/production name.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes