Samurai Jack

Threads for new shows need to be approved. If it becomes popular enough, we will turn it into a forum.

Samurai Jack

PostPosted by Biggerboot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 am

The hit show from the 2000s recently got rebooted. It's an awesome action cartoon from that era. Highly recommended.

Catch it at 11pm est on Adult Swim for the next 8 weeks. :)

Image
Biggerboot
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:15 am

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm

I haven't seen the premiere yet. It looks so badass though.
Image
User avatar
AquaSeashells
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm
Location: Wonderland

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Biggerboot wrote:The hit show from the 2000s recently got rebooted. It's an awesome action cartoon from that era. Highly recommended.

Catch it at 11pm est on Adult Swim for the next 8 weeks. :)

Image

Not reboot, but rather a continuation. :P

What did everyone think of episode 1 and 2? They were pretty awesome. Every episode keeps blowing my mind and I can't wait to see everything else unfold. Greg Baldwin is doing a good job of Aku's voice, but nothing will replace Mako.
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
User avatar
Mordecai626
Moderator
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 am

Episode 2 of the last season blew me up. It was incredible in all senses, from scenery to bloody action sequences. Aku's part was also great, like something light before all the action. I watched some isolated eps (an episode of SJ airs every day at 4 AM (!!!!) on CN), but if you know what it's about you won't feel lost on this final season.
Image
User avatar
burritodetodo
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 am

What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

Personally, I haven't really thought about what would satisfy me. I don't really want a "And then he went back to the past and undid everything Aku ever did, and then they all lived happily ever after despite temporal paradoxes." There need to be some consequences, but I don't want him to fail either.

If he defeats Aku in the present, then I'd be fine with that, but there will be hardships.
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
User avatar
Mordecai626
Moderator
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by Ranku » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Mordecai626 wrote:What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

Personally, I haven't really thought about what would satisfy me. I don't really want a "And then he went back to the past and undid everything Aku ever did, and then they all lived happily ever after despite temporal paradoxes." There need to be some consequences, but I don't want him to fail either.

If he defeats Aku in the present, then I'd be fine with that, but there will be hardships.


It's hard to say. From what i can see, I don't think there's really a good way I can think of to wrap up the series. Though I do have one suspicion that's been in the back of my mind since the season was announced.

I always felt like the first poster that was used to advertise the show made jack's silhouette look a bit like aku himseslf. That and the ghost samurai jack has been seeing made me think that maybe the series might form a bit of a time loop where Jack succeeds in killing Aku, but in doing so he has to succumb to dark powers that lead to him becoming Aku. In a "there must always be a litch king" kind of way.

Though that theory aside, I would like to see jack team back up with some of the people he's helped over the years and lead a full on revolt against Aku, like the Scotsman said "the samurai has been inspiring people by the thousands."

on a side note, I would also like for the finale to tell us his real name. Because it's not Jack.
User avatar
Ranku
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Ranku wrote:
Mordecai626 wrote:What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

Personally, I haven't really thought about what would satisfy me. I don't really want a "And then he went back to the past and undid everything Aku ever did, and then they all lived happily ever after despite temporal paradoxes." There need to be some consequences, but I don't want him to fail either.

If he defeats Aku in the present, then I'd be fine with that, but there will be hardships.


It's hard to say. From what i can see, I don't think there's really a good way I can think of to wrap up the series. Though I do have one suspicion that's been in the back of my mind since the season was announced.

I always felt like the first poster that was used to advertise the show made jack's silhouette look a bit like aku himseslf. That and the ghost samurai jack has been seeing made me think that maybe the series might form a bit of a time loop where Jack succeeds in killing Aku, but in doing so he has to succumb to dark powers that lead to him becoming Aku. In a "there must always be a litch king" kind of way.

Though that theory aside, I would like to see jack team back up with some of the people he's helped over the years and lead a full on revolt against Aku, like the Scotsman said "the samurai has been inspiring people by the thousands."

on a side note, I would also like for the finale to tell us his real name. Because it's not Jack.


Well it seems like that is going to hapen because...
.
.
.
SPOILERS
.
.
.

The Scotsman is looking for Jack. And on E06 Ashi discovered people who would join Jack in order to defeat Aku once and for all. Once Jack gets back his sword (if he succeeds) next Saturday, the resistance is going to asemble.

Btw, Ashi was naked all this time (!!!). The scene where the mathriarc throws Ashi to the burning ash pit is extremely cruel. Anyway, E06 was awesome. Scaramouche back saying "penis" and all those cameos made it. And Jack almost killing himself because his ancestors told him he failed. Whoa.
Image
User avatar
burritodetodo
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am
Location: Buenos Aires


Return to More Animated Shows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron