Samurai Jack

Threads for new shows need to be approved. If it becomes popular enough, we will turn it into a forum.

Samurai Jack

PostPosted by Biggerboot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 am

The hit show from the 2000s recently got rebooted. It's an awesome action cartoon from that era. Highly recommended.

Catch it at 11pm est on Adult Swim for the next 8 weeks. :)

Need help? Ask your questions on our Discord Channel
Biggerboot
Site Admin

Re: Samurai Jack

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm

I haven't seen the premiere yet. It looks so badass though.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Biggerboot wrote:The hit show from the 2000s recently got rebooted. It's an awesome action cartoon from that era. Highly recommended.

Catch it at 11pm est on Adult Swim for the next 8 weeks. :)

Not reboot, but rather a continuation. :P

What did everyone think of episode 1 and 2? They were pretty awesome. Every episode keeps blowing my mind and I can't wait to see everything else unfold. Greg Baldwin is doing a good job of Aku's voice, but nothing will replace Mako.
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
Mordecai626

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 am

Episode 2 of the last season blew me up. It was incredible in all senses, from scenery to bloody action sequences. Aku's part was also great, like something light before all the action. I watched some isolated eps (an episode of SJ airs every day at 4 AM (!!!!) on CN), but if you know what it's about you won't feel lost on this final season.
burritodetodo

PostPosted by Mordecai626 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 am

What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

Personally, I haven't really thought about what would satisfy me. I don't really want a "And then he went back to the past and undid everything Aku ever did, and then they all lived happily ever after despite temporal paradoxes." There need to be some consequences, but I don't want him to fail either.

If he defeats Aku in the present, then I'd be fine with that, but there will be hardships.
Enjoy what you have today, for you may not have it tomorrow
Mordecai626

PostPosted by Ranku » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Mordecai626 wrote:What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

Personally, I haven't really thought about what would satisfy me. I don't really want a "And then he went back to the past and undid everything Aku ever did, and then they all lived happily ever after despite temporal paradoxes." There need to be some consequences, but I don't want him to fail either.

If he defeats Aku in the present, then I'd be fine with that, but there will be hardships.

It's hard to say. From what i can see, I don't think there's really a good way I can think of to wrap up the series. Though I do have one suspicion that's been in the back of my mind since the season was announced.

I always felt like the first poster that was used to advertise the show made jack's silhouette look a bit like aku himseslf. That and the ghost samurai jack has been seeing made me think that maybe the series might form a bit of a time loop where Jack succeeds in killing Aku, but in doing so he has to succumb to dark powers that lead to him becoming Aku. In a "there must always be a litch king" kind of way.

Though that theory aside, I would like to see jack team back up with some of the people he's helped over the years and lead a full on revolt against Aku, like the Scotsman said "the samurai has been inspiring people by the thousands."

on a side note, I would also like for the finale to tell us his real name. Because it's not Jack.
Ranku

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Ranku wrote:
Mordecai626 wrote:What is your ideal conclusion to the series?

It's hard to say. From what i can see, I don't think there's really a good way I can think of to wrap up the series. Though I do have one suspicion that's been in the back of my mind since the season was announced.

I always felt like the first poster that was used to advertise the show made jack's silhouette look a bit like aku himseslf. That and the ghost samurai jack has been seeing made me think that maybe the series might form a bit of a time loop where Jack succeeds in killing Aku, but in doing so he has to succumb to dark powers that lead to him becoming Aku. In a "there must always be a litch king" kind of way.

Though that theory aside, I would like to see jack team back up with some of the people he's helped over the years and lead a full on revolt against Aku, like the Scotsman said "the samurai has been inspiring people by the thousands."

on a side note, I would also like for the finale to tell us his real name. Because it's not Jack.

Well it seems like that is going to hapen because...
SPOILERS

The Scotsman is looking for Jack. And on E06 Ashi discovered people who would join Jack in order to defeat Aku once and for all. Once Jack gets back his sword (if he succeeds) next Saturday, the resistance is going to asemble.

Btw, Ashi was naked all this time (!!!). The scene where the mathriarc throws Ashi to the burning ash pit is extremely cruel. Anyway, E06 was awesome. Scaramouche back saying "penis" and all those cameos made it. And Jack almost killing himself because his ancestors told him he failed. Whoa.
burritodetodo

PostPosted by Ninjaman60 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm

I was so excited when I heard they were going to make a re-make and could not wait for it. When I saw the first episode my brain almost exploded. It was to bad **s for me to handle. The next 5 eps have been unbelievably amazing. This show is god tier and I love every single thing about it. I would give this 10/10. I love how they made it more for mature audiences, by having words such as penis, cursing and blood. Not to mention that scene bathing scene ;). I will be so sad when it ends, but I will also be glad that it is ending in the best way possible, with a bad **s mother ****** remastered version xD
Ninjaman60

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm

SPOILERS

So Jashi IS canon and very foreshadowed since the beginning of the episode. I'm glad for that, because there are many arguments like "Jack's been alone for 50 years", all love acts Ashi made for Jack (like stopping Jack from comit suicide), etc. Unluckily, on tumblr a ship war started because of the antis' complaints.

But anyway, the episode had lots of cute moments. And funny too, with Jack not knowing how to use the mine for that space monster; or Jack watching Ashi naked because the monster ate her clothes. And I don't want to forget the suspenseful moments on the prison, or the licensed song at the end of the episode that replaced SJ's tune.
burritodetodo

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Be careful of
SPOILERS

It ended. Bittersweetly, but ended at last. It was great to see all Jack's folks he knew through 50 years of wandering through the future's Earth helping him to defeat Aku. But two people were the most important: The Scotsman and Ashi with Aku's powers. The 4th wall demolition at the beginning of the series finale was amazing (in case you don't remember, I love 4th wall jokes). The very end with Jack and Ashi's wedding was extremely sad. Jack will never be happy and all his journey and adventures will remain in his memory. Including the love of his life, who lives as a ladybug and Aku as a tree.

As I said on tumblr, Genndy Tartakovsky's creation was part of our childhood and came back to finish Jack's adventures in a tone those kids, now grown up adults, would love to see now. If no one has seen SJ before, it doesn't matter. S5 can be watched by anyone and feel entertained.

4.5/5 Burritos overall

burritodetodo

Next

Return to More Animated Shows