Season 8 News

Discuss or report on news, social media posts, interviews, articles, or tidbits related to the show and its creators.

Re: Season 8 News

PostPosted by GunterFan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm

I love the art design that is being teased.

Also, I remember a few months ago, there was a vid of Adam Muto answering questions, and in the background, there were all these hard-to-make-out drawings. I remember one of them was Ice King in a rather dapper suit, and several others showed Ooo in a strange pinkish glow. I think it's safe to say that those images were from this miniseries.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Kasumisty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Yeah! I think I can also see Elemental-influenced Lady Rainicorn and Marceline, candified Tree Fort, Jake Plane, Sweater Jake and the Cloud Kingdom (that's apparently the only refuge from the curse).
Kasumisty

PostPosted by Kasumisty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:49 am

The synopses for Elements are here!

(x)
Kasumisty

PostPosted by GunterFan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Oh me, oh moy
Oh fa-la-loy
Everyone sing my song of joy!
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:49 pm

I was actually pretty close guessing each episode's plot! I notice there's no mention of Peebles and Betty. Also I'm pretty sure Marcy and Lady will show up for a bit since theres drawings of them in their candy forms in behind Adam in a vid. BMO will somehow be seperated from Finn and Jake, but he'll almost certainly be in Skyhooks. We're gonna get a lot of characters in this! Finn, Jake, BMO, IK, Betty, Gunter, NEPTR, Fern, PB, SP, FP, Marcy, Lady, Cinnamon Bun, Patience, LSP, and the Snow Golem for sure and maybe Lemongrab as well!

Happy Warrior probaby refers to Cinnamon Bun.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Before Stakes was announced, I thought that if the show ever did a big, protracted miniseries-type deal, it would resemble something like Elements. While it has taken a bit to get us to here, I'm glad that we're finally get some sort of pan-Ooo ultimate battle.

(I remember people were predicting something like this would close out season 5).
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

I think the two kingdoms that are fighting will be the Slime and Fire Kingdoms. Its about time we gor our big Ooo kingdom war, we've wanted that for years!

Also I wonder what Betty's role will be.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by TaylorTheLemonSlayer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Jake Suit wrote:I was actually pretty close guessing each episode's plot! I notice there's no mention of Peebles and Betty. Also I'm pretty sure Marcy and Lady will show up for a bit since theres drawings of them in their candy forms in behind Adam in a vid. BMO will somehow be seperated from Finn and Jake, but he'll almost certainly be in Skyhooks. We're gonna get a lot of characters in this! Finn, Jake, BMO, IK, Betty, Gunter, NEPTR, Fern, PB, SP, FP, Marcy, Lady, Cinnamon Bun, Patience, LSP, and the Snow Golem for sure and maybe Lemongrab as well!

Happy Warrior probaby refers to Cinnamon Bun.

Lemongrab? YESH! :3
TaylorTheLemonSlayer

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Questions: " is the end of the elements miniseries also going to be the season finale for season 8?"
Adam: "No, there's a few more episodes after that to close out the season." (X)

I think that "Abstract" or "Whispers", with "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" coming next. I think season 8 is only going to have 26 episodes, meaning that season 9 will have 20.

Now for further and nonsensical speculation: I think the show will go on hiatus for May and June, and then air these eps in July (or, possibly, air one of these episodes per month until July). Then, the show will go on a further hiatus until ~October, at which point, it will air a few in October, three in November, one in December, and the rest once a week in 2018 starting mid-January. This could let the show conclude in April of next year.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

GunterFan wrote:Questions: " is the end of the elements miniseries also going to be the season finale for season 8?"
Adam: "No, there's a few more episodes after that to close out the season." (X)

I think that "Abstract" or "Whispers", with "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" coming next. I think season 8 is only going to have 26 episodes, meaning that season 9 will have 20.

Now for further and nonsensical speculation: I think the show will go on hiatus for May and June, and then air these eps in July (or, possibly, air one of these episodes per month until July). Then, the show will go on a further hiatus until ~October, at which point, it will air a few in October, three in November, one in December, and the rest once a week in 2018 starting mid-January. This could let the show conclude in April of next year.

We know there will be 284 episodes total. Reboot was 240 so season 8 and 9 are 44 episodes combined. As of Elements, 23 episodes have aired meaning there's are 21 episodes left. At least 3 of those are season 8 episodes meaning season 9 is at maximum, 18 episodes. Also one of those 21 episodes is a collection of shorts.
Jake Suit

PreviousNext

Return to News Discussion