Season 8 News

Discuss or report on news, social media posts, interviews, articles, or tidbits related to the show and its creators.

Re: Season 8 News

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 am

GunterFan wrote:Questions: " is the end of the elements miniseries also going to be the season finale for season 8?"
Adam: "No, there's a few more episodes after that to close out the season." (X)
Would be nice if the series made it to 8 years.

I think that "Abstract" or "Whispers", with "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" coming next. I think season 8 is only going to have 26 episodes, meaning that season 9 will have 20.

Now for further and nonsensical speculation: I think the show will go on hiatus for May and June, and then air these eps in July (or, possibly, air one of these episodes per month until July). Then, the show will go on a further hiatus until ~October, at which point, it will air a few in October, three in November, one in December, and the rest once a week in 2018 starting mid-January. This could let the show conclude in April of next year.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by GunterFan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Jake Suit wrote:
GunterFan wrote:Questions: " is the end of the elements miniseries also going to be the season finale for season 8?"

I think that "Abstract" or "Whispers", with "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" coming next. I think season 8 is only going to have 26 episodes, meaning that season 9 will have 20.

Now for further and nonsensical speculation: I think the show will go on hiatus for May and June, and then air these eps in July (or, possibly, air one of these episodes per month until July). Then, the show will go on a further hiatus until ~October, at which point, it will air a few in October, three in November, one in December, and the rest once a week in 2018 starting mid-January. This could let the show conclude in April of next year.

We know there will be 284 episodes total. Reboot was 240 so season 8 and 9 are 44 episodes combined. As of Elements, 23 episodes have aired meaning there's are 21 episodes left. At least 3 of those are season 8 episodes meaning season 9 is at maximum, 18 episodes. Also one of those 21 episodes is a collection of shorts.

Didn't Adam say they were done with shorts?
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 am

GunterFan wrote:
Jake Suit wrote:

We know there will be 284 episodes total. Reboot was 240 so season 8 and 9 are 44 episodes combined. As of Elements, 23 episodes have aired meaning there's are 21 episodes left. At least 3 of those are season 8 episodes meaning season 9 is at maximum, 18 episodes. Also one of those 21 episodes is a collection of shorts.

Didn't Adam say they were done with shorts?

I just checked and someone asked him if season 8 would have amy shorts and he said no. But, it was stated, I think in the announcement revealing AT's cacellation, that there will be more miniseries, specials, and shorts. So season 9 must have a collection of shorts.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by burritodetodo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Jake Suit wrote:I just checked and someone asked him if season 8 would have amy shorts and he said no. But, it was stated, I think in the announcement revealing AT's cacellation, that there will be more miniseries, specials, and shorts. So season 9 must have a collection of shorts.

Would those shorts be used to wrap up some stories?
burritodetodo

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Jake Suit wrote:I just checked and someone asked him if season 8 would have amy shorts and he said no. But, it was stated, I think in the announcement revealing AT's cacellation, that there will be more miniseries, specials, and shorts. So season 9 must have a collection of shorts.

Ah, I see. Tbh, I'd rather the show not have any shorts left. I'd want there series to use that episode 'slot' to tell a fully-fleshed out ep instead of just a few short stories.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

GunterFan wrote:

Ah, I see. Tbh, I'd rather the show not have any shorts left. I'd want there series to use that episode 'slot' to tell a fully-fleshed out ep instead of just a few short stories.

I agree with that. Hopefully they all focus on different characters. I'd love another Huntress Wizard episode, but its unlikely so maybe we could get a short about her. Maybe one on Gunter and BMO hanging out or something.

Also, I'd guess CN forced them to use one slot on shorts.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Dark Zero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 am

After the chapters were released, now is time to wait until the last season of the series...
Dark Zero

PostPosted by Melkor » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 am

Is there any news yet on when we can expect season eight to be coming to DVD and Blu-Ray?
Melkor

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:48 am

Melkor wrote:Is there any news yet on when we can expect season eight to be coming to DVD and Blu-Ray?

I speculate that we won't get any news on that front until ~March of next year. Maybe if we're really lucky, by the end of this year.

They've waited about a year for each season release, except for the time between seasons three and four, which was something like eight months.
GunterFan

Previous

Return to News Discussion