Episode Discussion

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Episode Discussion

PostPosted by GunterFan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm

That is a cool sword.

The show is doing a really solid job of setting up its plots this season. While season 7 really learned from the mistakes of season 6 and tried to do more protracted story telling in a less compartmentalized way, it seems that season 8 is really trying to tell big, huge stories while also setting up those stories in previous episodes. For instance "Elemental" from last season, "Jelly Beans Have Power", and "Orb" are all setting us up for Elements. Likewise, "Preboot"/"Reboot" really prepped us for Islands. It's sad to see the show go when it was really finally starting to 'get' how to tell these sorts of stories in a way that appeals to most modern viewers.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by finnratchet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 pm

GunterFan wrote:That is a cool sword.

The show is doing a really solid job of setting up its plots this season. While season 7 really learned from the mistakes of season 6 and tried to do more protracted story telling in a less compartmentalized way, it seems that season 8 is really trying to tell big, huge stories while also setting up those stories in previous episodes. For instance "Elemental" from last season, "Jelly Beans Have Power", and "Orb" are all setting us up for Elements. Likewise, "Preboot"/"Reboot" really prepped us for Islands. It's sad to see the show go when it was really finally starting to 'get' how to tell these sorts of stories in a way that appeals to most modern viewers.

I noted that some games also setting up things to be explored inside of the cartoon itself. For instance, the Mother Gum who appeared as the final boss of "Explore the dungeon because i don't know" made one appearence in "Bonnie and Neddy", Cuber made one mention about the events of "Mama Said" on the end of "Finn and Jake Investigations" launched before of the air(and leak) of the episode itself, and more recently was said by the people who seen "Orb" that Nightmare Princess, of "The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom", appears(on her transformed form and without lines) on the episode and if depends of the title card of "Orb", where appear one sword dark-colored with one eye on it, she can to appear again in "Elements"(maybe in the episode "Cloudy"?).
finnratchet

PostPosted by finnratchet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Sneak Peek of "Orb":

finnratchet

PostPosted by A Blob » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 pm

That particular upload of the preview cuts off the opening credits, but the episode was boarded Aleks Sennwald and Adam Muto.
finnratchet wrote:Sneak Peek of "Orb":

Looks pretty wacky, but also kind of... ominous. I dig it.
A Blob

PostPosted by GunterFan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Do we know who directed it?

This is very reminiscent of "King Worm", one of my season four favs. I'm excited for this.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Here's part 1 of Orb. The other two parts are uploaded on his channel as well.
https://youtu.be/1JbqMWx-Uf4
Jake Suit

PostPosted by The Lich » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 am

Jake Suit wrote:Here's part 1 of Orb. The other two parts are uploaded on his channel as well.
https://youtu.be/1JbqMWx-Uf4

Lots of interesting foreshadowing in this episode, felt like a spiritual sequel to "King Worm".

I wonder if the Lich MO will mean anything. Also, glad to see Jake's alien mom hasn't been forgotten, since it cameo'd. Pretty trippy but interesting episode.
Last edited by The Lich on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lich

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:38 am

Well... I never thought they could one-up the weirdness of "King Worm"... but they did.

It's going to take me some time to unpack all of this. Obvi it's setting up for Elements, but there's still a lot going on here.

Also, there was some serious nightmare fuel going on in this one.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:16 am

Some thoughts on Orb after watching it twice. SPOILERS
ORB SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
-Pretty good episode
-I don't know if its weirder than King Worm or not but I think King Worm is a better episode
-Jakes alien mum got a cameo, they haven't forgotten her, gives me hope they'll bring her back
-That new sword is sick and appeared in a room in Jakes old house since Finn has the same sword he used in Islands in Elements, I'm guessing he'll get the sword sometime after Elements probably in "Abstract" or "Whispers"
-all three dreams focused on art: a play, cloud sculptures, and painting
-I spotted a Minerva head and Finn Sword cloud sculptures showing Min and the Finn Sword are still in Finn's thoughts
-cool we got to see AMO is still in BMO's thoughts
-really cool we got a little more Jermaine development since that is the real Jermaine
-I think PB's teeth falling out and her head getting all messed up is forshadowing her body going all crazy and turning into that elemental bubblegum-goo madness in the intro for Elements
-weird Nightmare Princess looks nothing like how she does in Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
-weird that just like in King Worm, Cosmic Owl didn't get a cameo
-While Finn was talking to PB the grass was pulling on him...could that be forshadowing a future conflict with Fern and/or the grass demon?
-Finn had both his arms in his dream..I'm not sure if that has any deeper metaphors since Finn seems so content with his robot arm, probably just his mind used to him having two arms
-That Mo is dressed up as The Lich...could this be forshadowing an appearence of The Lich in Elements? I'm very excited for his inevtible return sometime in the series...
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Cadis » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:02 pm

...ok, just what the heck was the point of all that. All that for what, a reason to perform the trade in bananas for that potion. that was just so out of left field that it made no sense.
Cadis

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes