Episode Discussion

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Episode Discussion

PostPosted by TheWardenOfSuperjail » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 am

Ranku wrote:
GunterFan wrote:I liked the episode, but it was more an excuse for the show to dabble in nightmare imagery. It didn't really have a solid plot. I thought the banana resolution was weird and a bit anti-climactic.

I actually found that part kinda funny, what is it with Adventure Time and weird subjects involving bananas? First the nightosphere and now this? Also, I think that part was also supposed to be forshadowing about how Ooo was "going bananas" while they were gone.

I agree. Also, don't forget Banana Man, the Banana Guards, Ice King's recurring banana phone, among other things like that time Ice King randomly starts tilting back and forth on his butt while holding his toes and going "I'm a banana". I just chalked it up to another instance of this show's love of banana based humor.
TheWardenOfSuperjail

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri May 26, 2017 5:50 pm

I love the banana gags, and I love that randomness of how they work bananas into a story, I just thought it felt kinda... off? Like, why did they have all the bananas? (Was that set up in Islands? I don't remember) Why did NMP want the bananas?

And I liked "Orb" just fine, but I thought it never 'came together' perfectly. Still a decent episode, and a really good post facto start to season 9, imho, as it sets up Elements nicely.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat May 27, 2017 5:00 am

GunterFan wrote:I love the banana gags, and I love that randomness of how they work bananas into a story, I just thought it felt kinda... off? Like, why did they have all the bananas? (Was that set up in Islands? I don't remember) Why did NMP want the bananas?

And I liked "Orb" just fine, but I thought it never 'came together' perfectly. Still a decent episode, and a really good post facto start to season 9, imho, as it sets up Elements nicely.

The Islands intro showed PB's ship had a bunch of bananas on it, but thats a different ship then the one in "Orb". The whole Nightmare Princess and banana plot was in my opinion incredibly weak.

The thing about "Orb" is while it has some interesting visuals, watching the episode is kind of a boring experience. I've had a lot of fun dissecting the episode for its underlying themes, callbacks, meanings, and forshadowing. But I don't think that makes it a good episode, because just watching it without trying to really analyze it is super boring. It makes it a better episode, but I don't think it makes it a good episode. It should've been a better episode on the surfuce level.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Sun May 28, 2017 1:24 am

Jake Suit wrote:
GunterFan wrote:I love the banana gags, and I love that randomness of how they work bananas into a story, I just thought it felt kinda... off? Like, why did they have all the bananas? (Was that set up in Islands? I don't remember) Why did NMP want the bananas?

The Islands intro showed PB's ship had a bunch of bananas on it, but thats a different ship then the one in "Orb". The whole Nightmare Princess and banana plot was in my opinion incredibly weak.

The thing about "Orb" is while it has some interesting visuals, watching the episode is kind of a boring experience. I've had a lot of fun dissecting the episode for its underlying themes, callbacks, meanings, and forshadowing. But I don't think that makes it a good episode, because just watching it without trying to really analyze it is super boring. It makes it a better episode, but I don't think it makes it a good episode. It should've been a better episode on the surfuce level.

Good way of putting it. I too enjoyed dissecting it, but if you weren't a hard-core fan, it'd wouldn't make much sense.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 am

I just need to say they missed a huge oppurtunity to do a BMO has a semi-pretend pirate adventure episode between Islands and Elements.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but a registered user on Wikipedia added a bunch of eps to the season 9 page, claiming that they are derived from "real existing workfiles supplied for dubbing purposes". Here is the page when said episodes were added: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adventure_Time_(season_9)&oldid=786032104

If this user is to be believed, we have the new episodes "Three Buckets" and "Ketchup" (boarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard, and Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim, respectively) to look forward to. Also the user claims "Whispers" was storyboarded by Sam Alden & Polly Guo, and "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" was boarded by Aleks Sennwald & Hanna K. Nyström. Something that suggests the user might be telling the truth is the fact that they didn't add the production codes in numerical order, instead jumping around. Of course, this could just be an instance of a hoaxer being clever.

I await a source...
GunterFan

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 am

GunterFan wrote:I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but a registered user on Wikipedia added a bunch of eps to the season 9 page, claiming that they are derived from "real existing workfiles supplied for dubbing purposes". Here is the page when said episodes were added: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adventure_Time_(season_9)&oldid=786032104

If this user is to be believed, we have the new episodes "Three Buckets" and "Ketchup" (boarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard, and Somvilay Xayaphone & Seo Kim, respectively) to look forward to. Also the user claims "Whispers" was storyboarded by Sam Alden & Polly Guo, and "Fionna and Cake and Fionna" was boarded by Aleks Sennwald & Hanna K. Nyström. Something that suggests the user might be telling the truth is the fact that they didn't add the production codes in numerical order, instead jumping around. Of course, this could just be an instance of a hoaxer being clever.

I await a source...

I have a feeling that this is actually speculation since KingofOoo hasn't posted anything on Tumblr for a while. Besides, I haven't seen these eps listed on Zap2It either.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by The Lich » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 am

GunterFan wrote:I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but a registered user on Wikipedia added a bunch of eps to the season 9 page, claiming that they are derived from "real existing workfiles supplied for dubbing purposes". Here is the page when said episodes were added: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adventure_Time_(season_9)&oldid=786032104

I await a source...

Supposedly the user claims they work on local dubbing for the show, which is how they know the titles, production codes, and directors. Unsure if I should believe them right now, but I am looking through their past edits, and they don't seem to be a vandal, so maybe they are telling the truth?
The Lich

PostPosted by GunterFan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 pm

AquaSeashells wrote:I have a feeling that this is actually speculation since KingofOoo hasn't posted anything on Tumblr for a while. Besides, I haven't seen these eps listed on Zap2It either.

There's no reason that these titles and the info would appear on those sites, though, since it's likely (if this person is legit) that they are from a foreign, non-US market. And the Tumblr and Zap2It zero in on the US market almost exclusively.

The Lich wrote:Supposedly the user claims they work on local dubbing for the show, which is how they know the titles, production codes, and directors. Unsure if I should believe them right now, but I am looking through their past edits, and they don't seem to be a vandal, so maybe they are telling the truth?

That's what makes me think it's legit. They haven't done anything else that's disruptive, and when I talked to them, they were forthcoming with the info. I'm going to assume these are the episodes/storyboarders, but I won't make a big deal about it.
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Three Buckets: Maybe something to do with the bucket knights from "Dungeon"? Probably not.
Ketchup: Maaaaybe referring to ketchup with fries tying into something with Hunson and connects to Marcy and Hunson? Again probably not.

I have no idea what these two are about but thats my try at speculating for them. I feel like these two might be more nonsensical especially Ketchup, but who knows.
Jake Suit

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes