Episode Discussion

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Episode Discussion

PostPosted by Melkor » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 am

AquaSeashells wrote:A genderbent Patience would be pretty neat. I wonder what her name would be in male form?

Maybe Perseverance or Diligence lol? Perseverance would mirror her name pretty nicely.
Melkor

PostPosted by The Lich » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 am

Plots for next week's episodes:

Abstract: As Jake goes through some personal changes, he’s haunted by a sinister dream encounter with his brother Jermaine.

Ketchup: BMO and Marceline swap stories about their recent adventures.

Fionna and Cake and Fionna: An unexpected critic shows up at Ice King’s latest Fionna and Cake book reading.

Whispers: While safeguarding a frightened Sweet P, Finn is led into a confrontation with an old foe.

Three Buckets: Finn and Fern’s carefree visit to some old ruins turns disastrous.

Here are two minute clips for each...but be warned, they may contain some spoilers:

Abstract: https://qt.vidyagam.es/1vYawTe.mp4

Ketchup: https://qt.vidyagam.es/4B3gu1d.mp4

Fionna and Cake and Fionna: https://qt.vidyagam.es/zGb8xBz.mp4

Whispers: https://qt.vidyagam.es/pDItl43.mp4

Three Buckets: https://qt.vidyagam.es/8DvttYq.mp4
The Lich

PostPosted by Melkor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:02 am

These sound pretty interesting. Oddly enough, I was speculating with my friend a couple months back (before the Elements miniseries even came out) that the episode named Whispers would be about the Lich taking control of Sweet Pea, and my prediction came true. Most of my predictions are usually spot on. When you've seen and read as many series as I have, you eventually start to notice the signs and patterns and get really good at predicting the flow of the story.
Melkor

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:27 am

Fionna and Cake and Fionna seems like it's gonna be nutz.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Melkor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:22 am

I don't know if this has already been mentioned before, but have you guys all heard that the final episodes of Adventure Time have actually been finished for a while now? The members of the animation staff have all already moved on to different projects. Knowing this, it doesn't really make much sense to me why Cartoon Network is still keeping the show on constant haitus and only showing a few new episodes every few months. Why are they just sitting on the episodes? Just air them already Cartoon Network!

Is Cartoon Network doing this because the show's contract says that Adventure Time must to end in 2018 at the earliest, or are they just trying to drag out the show for as long as possible to milk it for all it's worth? I wish they would just get it over with and air the remaining episodes already, but I guess Cartoon Network doesn't want to do that because they are afraid it might it might take away air time from their 200th rerun of Teen Titans Go. I'd much rather the remaining episodes of Adventure Time air now when people still remember the show and still care about it rather than having them air on some far off date in the future when hardly anyone will probably remember the show or find it in them to still care. I want Adventure Time to end with a bang, not a whisper.
Melkor

PostPosted by GunterFan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Melkor wrote:I don't know if this has already been mentioned before, but have you guys all heard that the final episodes of Adventure Time have actually been finished for a while now? The members of the animation staff have all already moved on to different projects. Knowing this, it doesn't really make much sense to me why Cartoon Network is still keeping the show on constant haitus and only showing a few new episodes every few months. Why are they just sitting on the episodes? Just air them already Cartoon Network!

Is Cartoon Network doing this because the show's contract says that Adventure Time must to end in 2018 at the earliest, or are they just trying to drag out the show for as long as possible to milk it for all it's worth? I wish they would just get it over with and air the remaining episodes already, but I guess Cartoon Network doesn't want to do that because they are afraid it might it might take away air time from their 200th rerun of Teen Titans Go. I'd much rather the remaining episodes of Adventure Time air now when people still remember the show and still care about it rather than having them air on some far off date in the future when hardly anyone will probably remember the show or find it in them to still care. I want Adventure Time to end with a bang, not a whisper.

From what I understand, most of the writing and storyboarding is complete, as is the voice acting. But animation takes a long time to do, and I think the show is still working on the final few episodes. I can't remember who (mighta been Ghostshrimp), but the other day someone mentioned that they were putting finishing touches on the last episodes.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Melkor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:31 pm

GunterFan wrote:From what I understand, most of the writing and storyboarding is complete, as is the voice acting. But animation takes a long time to do, and I think the show is still working on the final few episodes. I can't remember who (mighta been Ghostshrimp), but the other day someone mentioned that they were putting finishing touches on the last episodes.

The fact that most of the staff have left and moved on by this point seems imply that the animation for the remaining episodes is already done. I can image it would be pretty difficult to finish animating the remaining episodes if most of the animators have gone off to work on different shows.
Last edited by Melkor on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melkor

PostPosted by BNSF1995 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm

After seeing a clip posted on the show's Facebook page previewing the upcoming episodes, I have this to say about "Fionna and Cake and Fionna":

BNSF1995

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:01 am

Title card for Fionna and Cake and Fionna.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by Melkor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:18 am

So the Fionna in the Fionna and Cake stories was based on a real person the whole time? I wonder if she has any relation to Finn or any of the humans of Founder's Island?
Melkor

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes