Episode Discussion

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Episode Discussion

PostPosted by AquaSeashells » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:50 am

Melkor wrote:So the Fionna in the Fionna and Cake stories was based on a real person the whole time? I wonder if she has any relation to Finn or any of the humans of Founder's Island?

Unless she is a fake that's supposedly impersonating her.
AquaSeashells

PostPosted by BNSF1995 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:09 am

I think she's PB in disguise with a voice-changer trying to break Ice King's unhealthy obsession. I still like to stick to my theory that Fionna is Finn's long-lost twin sister. As for Ice King's fanfiction? Pure coincidence.
BNSF1995

PostPosted by GunterFan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Melkor wrote:The fact that most of the staff have left and moved on by this point seems imply that the animation for the remaining episodes is already done. I can image it would be pretty difficult to finish animating the remaining episodes if most of the animators have gone off to work on different shows.

The production staff and the animation staff are separate people. Production staff (writers, storyboarders, background artists, etc.) work on the designs and story ideas here, and then all of that is shipped off to Korea where it is animated. The animation process takes somewhere between 5 and 9 months. After a storyboarder turns in their revised 'board, they are done, and the animation team takes over. Since all the episodes are written, most of the writers and 'boarders have moved on. However, it's likely that the animation team is still working in Korea, and thus a few key people (such as Adam Muto) are probably still making sure everything is running smoothly.
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Melkor » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:16 am

GunterFan wrote:
Melkor wrote:The fact that most of the staff have left and moved on by this point seems imply that the animation for the remaining episodes is already done. I can image it would be pretty difficult to finish animating the remaining episodes if most of the animators have gone off to work on different shows.

The production staff and the animation staff are separate people. Production staff (writers, storyboarders, background artists, etc.) work on the designs and story ideas here, and then all of that is shipped off to Korea where it is animated. The animation process takes somewhere between 5 and 9 months. After a storyboarder turns in their revised 'board, they are done, and the animation team takes over. Since all the episodes are written, most of the writers and 'boarders have moved on. However, it's likely that the animation team is still working in Korea, and thus a few key people (such as Adam Muto) are probably still making sure everything is running smoothly.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, this Fionna that we see looks to be very human-like, and if she really is a human than that would be a pretty big deal. If she is a normal human, the only logical place she could have come from was Founders Island. Maybe she was a Hider that somehow managed to slip away, and after hearing about her escape it could have inspired some of the other inhabitants of Founders Island to become Hiders as well and try to leave the island. If she is from Founders Island, there's a possibility that she could still be related to Finn in some way. Founders Island started off from a very small population of human survivors, so given that a significant amount of time has passed since then, it is definitely possible that all the current inhabitants could be related to each other by this point, in one way or another, especially after that virus wiped out most of the population, shrinking the gene pool even more. It's a very similar situation to the country of Iceland, which was originally settled by a small group of people, and hundreds of years later nearly 80% of the population now shares at least some genetic relation to one another. Perhaps this Fionna could have been the sister to Finn's mother Minerva, so Fionna being Finn's aunt would explain why they look so similar. This could also add some more depth to Minerva's emotional reaction upon hearing that Finn was taken away from the island. She already lost one family member when they left the island, and now she just lost another.

Alright, here's one really crazy theory. Going by this logic that most of the inhabitants of Founders Island are related to each other because of the small gene pool, what if Susan Strong is actually a distant cousin of Finn? If this Fionna is Finn's aunt, perhaps Susan Strong could be her daughter? Also, has anyone else noticed the parallels between Susan Strong and Supergirl from DC? Supergirl was the older cousin to Superman who was sent after Superman when he was a baby, which would parallel Susan's (who is a super-powered human) own journey to retrieve the baby Finn, even more so if he was her cousin, which makes the whole thing somewhat personal for her. The most striking parallel of all is the fact that Susan and Supergirl both share the same first name, Kara. The show might be trying to imply something here.
Melkor

PostPosted by GunterFan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:03 pm

So, I wasn't so into "Abstract" or F&C&F, but "Ketchup" was cute.

However, "Whispers" and "Three Buckets" seem like something big is goin' down.

SPOILERS

The Lich said he was the last scholar(?) of GOLB, and then that dude who picked up the pieces of Fern had a big ol' "G" on his neck clasp. Is the coming of GOLB nigh?
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:37 pm

GunterFan wrote:So, I wasn't so into "Abstract" or F&C&F, but "Ketchup" was cute.

However, "Whispers" and "Three Buckets" seem like something big is goin' down.

SPOILERS

The Lich said he was the last scholar(?) of GOLB, and then that dude who picked up the pieces of Fern had a big ol' "G" on his neck clasp. Is the coming of GOLB nigh?

I didn't hear The Lich mention Golb but its awesome if he did. I'm 99% postitive that dude at the end of Three Buckets was Uncle Gumball. He mentioned something about an uncle, his "G" necklace probably stands for Gumball, and he looks exactly the same as the guy PB threw in her dungeon in a flashback in "The Thin Yellow Line". As for what Gumball wants with Fern I have a theory that i'll post after i flesh it out a little more.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Melkor » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am

How are people already able to watch the episodes this early? I'm seeing spoilers for the episodes everywhere online, but I still have no idea where people are watching them. It's the most frustrating feeling ever.
Melkor

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:32 am

I rewatched Whisphers and Gunterfan was right, The Lich says he's the last scholar of Golb. I think all the monsters that existed before time, including Orgalorg and The Lich were scholars that were ruled by Golb. Now The Lich is the last of them.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Melkor » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:09 am

Well, just watched the episodes, and the last two were pretty interesting to say the least. I wonder if that's the last we will be seeing of the Lich now that Sweet Pea is in control again and has destroyed that remaining hand that was hiding? Also, it seems Golb might be playing a role in the story after all, rather than just remaining an off hand mention. All these plot developments in these new episodes kind of remind me of certain plot points from an RP game that me and a couple of my friends did a while back where we tried to create a story for an unofficial final season of Adventure Time that attempted to answer most of the plot points of the show in a satisfying and interesting way. We did it around the time Islands was released, and since then a lot of the plot developments that have come to pass in the actual show have somewhat mirrored things that happened in our story. At one point we were thinking of making Golb the final villain of the story, but then we changed our minds and had it be the Lich instead, but Golb was still mentioned and had somewhat of a role in what the Lich was going to do, and it's cool that with this new episode they are actually connected in some way within the actual show. It's really fun and intriguing to see which things we got right and which things we were way off on. I have a summary/outline of the whole story we made written done somewhere so I could probably share it with you guys by making a thread for it, if you're all interested and need something to hold you over and entertain you all until the next batch of new Adventure Time episodes.

Anyways, I'm getting sort of a Lovecraftian vibe from Golb, like maybe he is some sort of dark god of chaos and destruction that the Lich worships and gains his power from. The Lich kind of reminds me of Mumm-Ra from the Thunder Cats. Mumm-Ra is an undead sorcerer, somewhat akin to the Lich, and he gets all of his power from the Ancient Spirits of Evil, who pretty much dominate his destiny by exerting their control over him, making it so that he cannot survive without them, granting him immortality in exchange for his eternal servitude to them. The Ancient Spirits of Evil are basically to Mumm-Ra what the Well of Power is to the Lich. If that's the case, then could it be possible that the Lich is actually a slave to the Well of Power? Could it be that it is actually the will of the Well of Power for all life to be destroyed and not the Lich's own, and that the Lich is simply a means for it to act out that desire, fulfilling the bidding of his master? What if the Lich was a originally human sorcerer or necromancer who gave up his soul to the Well of Power to gain immortality, but in exchange he had to become the Lich and serve the Well of Power forever? That would fits with him being a scholar of Golb.
Melkor

PostPosted by Dark Zero » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:57 am

Saw the latests chapters...
- Seems that GOLB is the Final Boss of this series... and since it seems that he can erase existances... it might be the most feared attack from it. And I fear that Finn might get hit by that.
- Fern might return as a Mid Boss along someone else
- Finn is again unstable due the battle of the last chapter... he needs someone to make him recover again from it.
Dark Zero

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes