Episode Discussion

Discuss the latest Adventure Time Episodes and Mini-Series.

Re: Episode Discussion

PostPosted by Melkor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 am

The whole thing with Golb being able to erase someone's entire existence with a single attack kind of reminds me of something from the anime Dragon Ball Super, which coincidentally enough had something like that happen in the recent episodes. Me and my friends often joke around that Prismo's boss is the Omni-King from Dragon Ball Super. To top it off, someone or something that has been erased from existence likely cannot be wished back with the Dragon Balls, just like how Prismo's wish granting abilities could not bring Magicman's wife back. On the other hand, some people have theorized that Golb is actually Prismo's boss, though after Whispers that theory might seem unlikely now, but I believe it could still be the case. Nobody ever said that Prismo's boss had to be a good and righteous entity. Much as it is in real life, the true nature of the universe in Adventure Time is chaotic and uncaring. Also, if you look closely when you see Golb in the episode Puhoy, the same types of yellow blocks that are seen floating around Prismo's Time Room are also seen floating around Golb, so there could be some sort of connection there.
Melkor

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Abstract: B+
A little dissapointed we didn't learn more about the shapeshifter from J and M Investigations but I thought the message and Jake's speech about his soul was heartfelt. Plus I think we might learn more about Jake's DNA later since he realized he's been ignoring that part of him. I like seeing James and Jermaine again, BMO was hillarious as usual, and I liked they didn't forget Lady could try to change Jake's color back to normal.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:22 am

Ketchup: A
This was such a cute, beautiful episode. The visuals were so cute too. I love we got a BMO and Marcy episode, they play off each other so well. We got some hints at what happened to Marcy's mom, that story needs to be analyzed ASAP! So glad the writers didn't forget about Marcy's mom, hope we eventually get more on her, maybe in Marcy and Hunson. If this is the final guest animated episode, its a fantastic finale to them. Also that Mordecai easter egg was great! And I noticed Finn had both his normal arms in BMO's story continuing the trend of him having both his arms in dreams and stuff like that set in Orb.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:16 am

Info on upcoming AT episodes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/adventuretime/ ... _has_some/

Some speculation:
Finn and Jake investigating a haunting: Sounds like some cool classic Adventure Time stuff

BMO and Ice King become door to door salesmen: this sounds AMAZING

FP rapping against Rap Bear's son: must be the rapping episode Adam revealed

All out catastrophic war: Sounds like some endgame stuff.

Also here's my Fionna and Cake and Fionna review:
Fionna and Cake and Fionna: B+
Fun little episode with a cool mystery element. I like how they trolled us again with the whole Fionna being real thing. I don't really get how there's Fionna and Cake tapes, is it supposed to be a TV show, a TV show made by Ice King? That seems really weird. I noticed Abracadaniel was in the audience for Ice King's reading which is a bit of a continuity error since him and Ice King are no longer friends, they should've swapped him out for Life Giving Magi. This episode beats The Prince Who Wanted Everything and Five Short Tables. Its not as good as the first two Fionna and Cake episodes in my opinion, but it was still pretty good. The Fionna and Cake episodes were starting to get stale and even making a Fionna and Cake graybles episode didn't really improve it that much. This one had way more focus in the "real world" which helped it not feel stale. And by the way, I don't hate The Prince and Five Short Tables, I just think they're ok. This was probably the last Fionna and Cake episode and it makes a decent finale to their episodes, but I'm still holding out hope for a genderbent Lich episode.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by GunterFan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Well, the endgame sounds great! I'm very pumped. Hopefully it will live up to expectations.

I didn't really like F&C&F all that much. I thought the execution was clunky and that the pacing and plot were all over the place. I didn't really hate it, I guess, but it is my least favorite F&C episode.

It goes: "Fionna and Cake" > "The Prince Who Wanted Everything" > "Five Short Tables" >> "Bad Little Boy" >>>>>>>>>>> "Fionna and Cake and Fionna"
Check out my Adventure Time Tumblr: gunterfan1992.tumblr.com
GunterFan

PostPosted by Melkor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Despite how lackluster it was, I think this Fionna and Cake episodes has some pretty interesting implications by revealing that Fionna and Cake used to be an actual t.v show within Ooo, basically being the in-universe version of our Adventure Time. For all we know, the world of Fionna and Cake could very well be a parallel reality, much like the ones we saw when Finn went back to stop the Farmworld Lich and his severed hand fell into the portal. The episode however leaves us with some even bigger questions in the end that will probably never get answered. Where did those Fionna and Cake episodes that the Bunny Lady found come from, and who or what is beaming the information about Fionna and Cake into Ice King's head at night. It feels like every time Adventure Time answers one of our questions it just leaves us with even more questions.
Melkor

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 am

Whisphers: A-
Its so awesome we got to see the well of power again. And the shadow of The Lich was super creepy. It seems for now Sweet P is in control, I'm not sure where the Lich arc will go from here. Anyway its a Lich episode, not my favorite Lich episode, but still creepy, mesmorizing, and super super suspenseful. Also I love how Finn addresses this is the 5th time he's fought The Lich, and it is exactly the 5th time. We also got a cool and sweet moment of Finn comforting Sweat P and even bringing up his dad. Also The Lich mentioned Golb!!! They're connected and Golb is probably going to be explored more, thats so awesome!! The episode ended on an exciting cliffhanger too.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Melkor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:02 am

Is this truly the last we'll be seeing of the Lich in Adventure Time? It seems like Sweet Pea now has full control over himself, and with the last remnant of the Farmworld Lich gone it doesn't seem like there is anything else that could potentially trigger the Lich within Sweet Pea to return. I can definitely see Adventure Time ending off the Lich's story in such a way. Is the Lich even still relevant as a threat anymore at this point, or has he now been overshadowed by the next upcoming big bad Golb? Part of me kind of feels like Fern's statement at the end of the episode about wanting to be the only Finn could also apply to Sweet Pea, who likely wanted to make sure that he would be the only Lich in Ooo and would have no competition.
Melkor

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 am

Melkor wrote:Is this truly the last we'll be seeing of the Lich in Adventure Time? It seems like Sweet Pea now has full control over himself, and with the last remnant of the Farmworld Lich gone it doesn't seem like there is anything else that could potentially trigger the Lich within Sweet Pea to return. I can definitely see Adventure Time ending off the Lich's story in such a way. Is the Lich even still relevant as a threat anymore at this point, or has he now been overshadowed by the next upcoming big bad Golb? Part of me kind of feels like Fern's statement at the end of the episode about wanting to be the only Finn could also apply to Sweet Pea, who likely wanted to make sure that he would be the only Lich in Ooo and would have no competition.

The Lich is still in Sweet P and is influencing him. He seems to be planning to "lead an army" (Escape From the Citadel) with the primordial monsters (Gold Stars) which somehow ties into Golb. We haven't seen the last of The Lich, he deserves to go out in an epic fight with Finn.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Melkor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 am

The whole idea of Golb actually being the Lich's master and their potential connection kind of reminds me of the relationship between Sauron and Morgoth from the Lord of the Rings (which if you can't tell by my name I am a huge fan of, particularity the lore). In the world of LOTR, despite how much of a threat the Dark Lord Sauron was in Middle Earth, he actually had a master that was above even him and was far more powerful, that master being Morgoth the first Dark Lord, also known as Melkor (most of the lore surrounding him is explored in the Silmarillion and not in LOTR). If the Lich is pretty much the Adventure Time equivalent of Sauron, both of them being dark lords who once tried to destroy or enslave all life on their respective worlds, then Golb is pretty much the Adventure Time equivalent of Morgoth, both being chaotic god-like beings of immense power, and those who we thought were the main villains were actually their second in command that continued on the work of their master after they were banished from the physical world, Morgoth to the Void, and Golb whatever space dimension he is in now. Adventure Time has actually had quote a few references to LOTR in the past, so the creators could have taken some inspiration from Morgoth and Sauron, who are pretty much the original dark lords of the whole fantasy genre, which much of Adventure Time's setting is based upon. Also, it is said that Morgoth will return one day along with his servant Sauron for the finale battle to decide the fate of the world in what is basically the LOTR equivalent of Ragnarok, and that recent info that came out regarding future Adventure Time episodes mentions an all out catastrophic war happening, one which will most likely involve Golb and the Lich.
Melkor

PreviousNext

Return to New Episodes