Character Resolutions

Discuss anything on Adventure Time!

Re: Character Resolutions

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 am

The Lich wrote:
Melkor wrote:So, with Three Buckets being the episode which Season 8 was originally intended to end off on, that means that Season nine will only 18 episodes long, given that the series is supposed to end on Episode 284, and then the series is over. Do you guys think 18 episodes will be enough to wrap up all the major or relevant plot points in Adventure Time? If the final season is going to attempt to wrap things up in a satisfying and conclusive way, then the last 18 episodes will have to be very story heavy and have almost no filler episodes, but I don't think that is going to happen. It would be really cool if all the episodes of Season 9 just told one continuous story, kind of like what the final season of Samurai Jack did. I find it pretty ironic that the three miniseries we've had for Adventure Time have actually had way more plot advancement and have answered way more questions about the story than the actual main series itself.

There's actually only 16 episodes left after Three Buckets. The crew has stated that the Graybles Allsorts shorts (from Season 6) and Frog Seasons shorts (from Season 7) each counted as an episode to the 284 count. Therefore, the Season 9 in production order is only 16 episodes long instead of 18.

Also one of the next 16 episodes counts as another collection of shorts.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by The Lich » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Jake Suit wrote:
The Lich wrote:
Melkor wrote:So, with Three Buckets being the episode which Season 8 was originally intended to end off on, that means that Season nine will only 18 episodes long, given that the series is supposed to end on Episode 284, and then the series is over. Do you guys think 18 episodes will be enough to wrap up all the major or relevant plot points in Adventure Time? If the final season is going to attempt to wrap things up in a satisfying and conclusive way, then the last 18 episodes will have to be very story heavy and have almost no filler episodes, but I don't think that is going to happen. It would be really cool if all the episodes of Season 9 just told one continuous story, kind of like what the final season of Samurai Jack did. I find it pretty ironic that the three miniseries we've had for Adventure Time have actually had way more plot advancement and have answered way more questions about the story than the actual main series itself.

There's actually only 16 episodes left after Three Buckets. The crew has stated that the Graybles Allsorts shorts (from Season 6) and Frog Seasons shorts (from Season 7) each counted as an episode to the 284 count. Therefore, the Season 9 in production order is only 16 episodes long instead of 18.

Also one of the next 16 episodes counts as another collection of shorts.

I could be wrong, but I believe the crew said there were no more shorts. (as far as I know) I guess we'll see, but I kind of hope there are no more shorts, as I'd rather not have them sacrifice an episode for a pack of shorts.
The Lich

PostPosted by Jake Suit » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe the crew said there were no more shorts. (as far as I know) I guess we'll see, but I kind of hope there are no more shorts, as I'd rather not have them sacrifice an episode for a pack of shorts.[/quote]

Adam said season 8 has no shorts. CN said during the announcement of AT's end that there will be more episodes, specials, miniseries, and shorts. So season 9 has some shorts. I too wish we would get another normal episode instead, but CN probably mandated more shorts.
Jake Suit

PostPosted by Melkor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 pm

If that's true about more shorts coming, then now we're down to just 15 episodes left to wrap up the the story. I wouldn't put too much hope into the Adventure Time movie being the true finale to the series either. It is a theatrical movie, meaning it will be shown in theaters long before ever it comes to t.v. If a movie was intended to conclude the story of the series, then it would be shown on t.v like many of the other CN shows that have had their series end with movie. CN has never concluded a show before with a theatrical movie. Whenever a CN series has concluded with a movie, it has always been a t.v movie.

If the Adventure Time movie really is going to be the finale, then it makes no sense to show it in theaters first where most of the people watching it will likely be people who have never seen Adventure Time before and who will likely have no idea what the heck is going on. That would be a terrible business decision. The movie was announced back in 2015, and fact that the movie has been in development hell for a while and that Pendelton Ward is still working out the basic premise for it is a big hint that this movie will not be the finale to the series and will instead have a completely unrelated story. If Pendelton Ward knows how the series is supposed to end, then the movie's premise would have already been figured out. It sucks but I guess we'll just have to accept that these last 15 (or 16) episodes will be all we get to conclude all the remaining plot points, unless the story continues on in the Adventure Time comics.

It is as I said in my previous post, with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the series ends off on an open ending that doesn't reveal too much about the futures lives or fates of the main characters like many are hoping, particularity when it comes to the romantic elements and relationships, and it will just be left to our imagination to decide what happens for ourselves. Also, don't be surprised if the Adventure Time movie ends up getting cancelled prematurely while still in production, given how Cartoon Network has been treating Adventure Time recently and constantly giving it the short end of the stick.
Melkor

PostPosted by Cadis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 am

I knew this was going to happen. I knew with this show wasting time with filler after filler and adding new things that they were going to run out of time and leave a mess. For example, Fern should just have left it at him being dead, yet instead nope, we get this guy at the end who saves him. Thus taking up more time which could have been used for other characters. Then GOLB with the lich, don't know how the heck this big bad who has never been shown before will get a good resolution.(and I mean seriously shown, not that cameo) Not to mention all that other stuff. Sigh, so many things to wrap up yet not enough time. Prepare for a crash landing of forced resolutions and just a mess that will leave what remaining people who watch this show feeling very unhappy and disappointed.
Cadis

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 pm

To be frank, the only storyarc I'm concerned of how it's going to be wrapped up is the Maja and APTWE arc. It's been 3 seasons and there's been no progress.
Thomas Hell

PostPosted by Melkor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Thomas Hell wrote:To be frank, the only storyarc I'm concerned of how it's going to be wrapped up is the Maja and APTWE arc. It's been 3 seasons and there's been no progress.

What is the APTWE arc?
Melkor

PostPosted by Thomas Hell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 am

Melkor wrote:
Thomas Hell wrote:To be frank, the only storyarc I'm concerned of how it's going to be wrapped up is the Maja and APTWE arc. It's been 3 seasons and there's been no progress.

What is the APTWE arc?

It started from the episode "Something Big", where Finn set the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant (gotten from "The Limit") free from his basement. APTWE then set off a journey and he picked Maja up halfway. Maja was in a coma after having defeated by Finn and Jake. Until now, these two characters are still being teased (once at "Flute Spell"), probably meaning that they will play a significant role in a future episode, which until now is not resolved yet.
Thomas Hell

PostPosted by Melkor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm

I had never really put much thought into the story line of Maja and APTWE before, but now that I think about it I guess their fates are something that should be addressed in the show, given that Maja apparently used to be a pretty big deal within Ooo back in the day, so who knows what kind of ancient knowledge she might have regarding the past history of Ooo. Since she seems to be familiar with all sorts of ancient and arcane magic, she might even know about Golb.
Melkor

PostPosted by The Lich » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 pm

In all honesty, I'm not sure if we're ever going to see Maja again. I don't know if she can tie into much else anymore at this point in the game. I also feel like APTWE saying "she may never wake up" in Flute Spell could be their way of giving a conclusion to her if she is never seen again (and to be fair, having her never wake up does seem like a thing AT would do to conclude her). But who knows, I've been wrong before.
The Lich

PreviousNext

Return to Show Discussion